For enterprise global shipping manufacturers, managing carrier logistics across sites, countries and carriers can quickly become an overwhelming project. With so many critical touch points on the line, it’s crucial to meticulously track every carrier interaction—even though many times these third-party issues are beyond the control of internal management. And global trade is only getting more and more complex, with the World Trade Organization reporting the value of merchandise trade and trade in commercial services in 2015 was nearly twice as high as in 2005. On top of that, it reported that the share of developing economies in merchandise exports increased from 33% in 2005 to 42% in 2015, translating into more and more competition over prices and market share.
The easiest way to streamline global trade management across manufacturing sites and carriers is to track every single stop on the logistics lifecycle with multi carrier shipping software that is available anywhere, at any time, by any stakeholder. This maximizes overall visibility and helps logistics managers know the exact status of shipments, which in turn helps increase customer satisfaction.
Why A Standard Global Shipping Solution Matters
Organizations that engage in global multi carrier shipping often have highly intertwined, complex operational needs, which sometimes results in the organization relying heavily on only a handful of carriers they know they can trust to complete jobs to perfection. However, there are added complexities as many countries (especially those in Europe and Asia) have dozens of carriers, each acting independently and each with their own set of regulations and protocols.
While a sense of trust and reliability is widespread throughout the international manufacturing and shipping world, it can sometimes lead to monopoly-like pricing, leaving manufacturers vulnerable to higher prices. With a standard global shipping solution, industrial manufacturers can control costs while reducing unnecessary shipping expenditures, all from a single software solution. PRECISION Multi Carrier and Enterprise Shipping and Global Trade and Export Management solutions, for example, are designed to help mitigate potential risks of high-cost shipping while streamlining global processes and increasing customer satisfaction all the while.
Standard global multi carrier shipping solutions provide the tools necessary for industrial logistics managers to:
- Find the perfect carriers: Instead of relying on a handful of carriers for global shipping needs, logistics managers can quickly compare carriers in each country to see which ones have the lowest costs for specific jobs.
- Be proactive: Gone are the days of waiting around to hear about shipment delays or issues. Managers can be instantly notified at every step of the transportation and shipping process, resulting in a more proactive strategy.
- Automate international workflows: International shipping involves a ton of customs and export reporting. Global shipping solutions automate these documentation workflows to streamline the painstaking international shipping process.
- Create uniform shipping processes: Rather than relying on multiple processes for varying locations or carriers, standard global shipping processes make it easier to manage carriers, compare prices and organize critical paperwork (both online and offline) no matter where the shipment or carrier is located.
- Build strong customer and partner relationships: Efficiently managing shipments and logistics will only increase customer satisfaction and build credibility for an organization in the marketplace. Monitoring processes with real-time reports can bolster trust and reinforce partnerships with carriers across the globe.
Addressing Compliance Issues
As with any global industry, industrial manufacturing and shipping comes with its fair share of compliance regulations. With complex global trade policies changing at a rapid pace, it’s imperative to ensure every shipment, carrier and customer adheres to global trade policies.
Instead of spending hours of manual labor sifting through regulation reports, licensing agencies and other critical information, online trade compliance tools can help logistics managers quickly streamline compliance workflows. Addressing compliance regulations through an integrated trade compliance solution ensures the same level of preparedness across all operations and helps speed up processing time. Past compliance checks can be stored and accessed at a later date for educational purposes. Trade compliance management is a critical piece of any truly standardized global multi carrier shipping solution.
Dealing With Multiple Sites
With multiple manufacturing sites around the globe, industrial manufacturers often feel as though their entity is made up of different companies struggling to operate at the same time, all of them relying on different guidelines. With a standard global shipping solution, all locations are regulated and operated according to the same standards, workflows and processes.
This streamlined way of doing business is a huge differentiator when it comes to building relationships with customers and partners, because they know that no matter where they engage with a brand in the logistics lifecycle the answer will always remain consistent.
Handling Multiple Carriers
Even understanding the fact that leveraging multiple carriers reduces costs in the long run, it can still be challenging to monitor and maintain all of these relationships. With multi carrier and enterprise shipping solutions, logistics managers can easily keep tabs on multi carrier shipments from a single, accessible-anywhere location.
And with repeatable processes and compliance management rules across the board, all documentation and notifications can be automated, drastically reducing costs and resources. Shipping managers can create global shipment plans that accurately predict the total cost of each leg of a carrier journey, increasing transparency and visibility into overheads.
Learn more about our innovative global multi-carrier shipping software by scheduling a free consultation today.